Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pierre Auguste Renoir At the Concert painting

Pierre Auguste Renoir At the Concert paintingPierre Auguste Renoir After The Bath paintingPierre Auguste Renoir After The Bath 1888 painting
my tutor. I learned more from him in six months than I had learned from Cato in six years. Athenodoms never beat me and used the greatest patience. He used to encourage me by saying that my lameness should be a spur to my intelligence. Vulcan, the God of all clever craftsmen, was lame too. As for my stammer, Demosthenes the noblest orator of all time had been born with a stammerboys to do what he wanted; for they all took their cue from Postumus.
Cato was now required by Livia to write her out half yearly reports on histold the Lady Livia just how you feel about things?"
Cato could have bitten off his tongue with vexation and alarm. If Livia should hear what he had said, that would be the end of

No comments: